onsdag 27. april 2016

Chef Alfredo Menu

I was in charge of the menu, and one of the biggest issues with the existing menu is the size. What I did like about it was the Italian names for the dishes.

What I have chosen to do is to put the menu is a leather "book cover" that is the size of a regular piece of paper. This gives it the classy look and feel, like the restaurant deserves. Just like book, a menu is judged by its cover. The black leather does not interfere with our style guide, and I believe that any other colored leather menus will make it look fake or cheap, which is not my intentions.

For the actual content of the menu I decided to stick with the original Italian names, and made the font Niconne in accordance to the style guide, the english description below should have been in the font Georgia. To separate the the different sections in the menu, I went with a small black and white version of the two leafs used in the logo. The black and white choice is to keep it subtle. 

The size of the menu is now small enough not take up 2/3 of the table, but it is still big enough for elderly people, or people with some reduced visual usage to read what is written.



Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar